Monday, December 26, 2005

Einstein was right: In the midst of problems lies opportunities.


Guess what? 7: 48 am Dec. 25th 2005, I made a very funny error of deleting all the files in my documents folder, meaning that all my semester work + my invention folder are gone :(. Very funny indeed. It is going to cost me at least 2 weeks of trauma and 3 months of work to regurgitate the load in the folder, if I will ever have the time to recreate it. What am I going to do now? So I started brainstorming.
One day in INF 201 class, Prof. Kah said something about Computer forensic experts: people that can help restore/undelete deleted files. This gave me an insight of how I can recover those files. Immediately I got online and I started learning about the whole stuff to see if I can be one of those people and to see how it will help me get my files back.
What an opportunity it was for me to be aware of the functions of the forensic softwares. Interesting. Suppose I did not have the problem of file loss, I wouldn’t have had a motivation of thinking of the forensics.
I want to prove stubborn by creating more problems for myself so as to see if I will have the opportunity of finding out more. Can you guess what I did?
Seven hours later, I was very vexed and so I formatted my hard drive and re-installed a new Win XP. Now, can I get back my files and pictures? The most of these softwares go for prices that are too unaffordable ( like $299). I don’t even know anything about how to use the softwares.
Though I have this opportunity to do this. Now, all I want is just my document folder.
Can anyone help PLEASE. There are a lot of important documents lost now including my first semester project.

2 Comments:

Blogger awwald said...

What're you saying? So you were unable to solve your problem? Then what opportunity? Ok ma guy got a solution. Keep your machine until I return to school. For now, I'm havin fun with my chixes at Escravos, a small island in the gulf of guinea. Ok. Unmount your notebook hard drive, get an interface converter cable, mount it on a desktop PC. get those linux FS binaries and hex editor, install and reboot. boot from GRUB and run data recovery. select NTFS, MS fukin FS, then order a cup of coffee and chill. Linux will do the rest.

1:36 AM  
Blogger soujisama said...

if id seen this earlier i cud have helped :P

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home