Monday, December 26, 2005

The first semester has finally ended

Friday Dec. 23rd 2005 we submitted our end of the semester project to Prof. Kah. It was a very interesting time as I think of how to get a nice rest during the holiday after the hectic prototyping process of the hecamis (healthcare management information system). What an experience it was for us being a part of the development process in the systems development life cycle. I have seen a lot of softwares. I have used softwares. I have read on how softwares are created and architectures. But this time, I’m in the making of it. We built a prototype J)
Let me introduce you to the futuristic award winning Hecamis (Health care management information system). Hecamis is our name for the management information system we are building for MATCO (Muhammad Arabi Tukur Company) hospital.
During the semester, we took the INF 201 course which took us through an introduction to the principles of information systems; basic principles, fundamental design/development and information development life cycle stages and ethics of the profession. We got equipped with a paraphernalia of knowledge we need to scale through the systems investigation, analysis, design and testing stages. We got assigned this project that made us applied our knowledge to develop a management information system (MIS) for MATCO in order to solve the basic and pressing problem of the organization which is in the area of records management.
We have been able to design the functional prototype for the records management of the organization and I will tell you something – it was fabulous. I really enjoyed my experience working in the group of 5 as the project manager. I had some 4 other crazy guys during the architecture, analysis, database design …. While I went gallivanting around, administering.
Though it can be sometimes very hard to be in a leadership position, but after achieving the desired goal, one tends to say something good about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home